24 November 2009

Crochet toys for baby mobile




Recently I brought this baby mobile as a present for my new granddaughter. The hanging animals are fixed with velcro, so I decided to crochet alternative toys to hang on the mobile. Here they are, each have a string attached to a bit of velcro at the back.

Each figure is made of two circles of about 9 cm in double crochet (single crochet in American terms) and I crocheted them together from the edges, putting some wadding inside. The mouth is sewn on, the eyes small crochet circles sewn on. After the middle bits were finished I added various kinds of petals and frills to them.

The curly bits on the bottom right flower are done like this:
make a starting chain about 3 times the length you want the frill to be. Crochet back on it by making two double crochet stiches (single crochet if American) in each chain stitch. When you are finished you still need to curl it around your finger so it becomes even.

2 comments:

  1. So cool! Where i can get these? :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made this myself just the once and there is no pattern, so someone who can crochet by looking at photos would need to make them :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.